WOODFORD, an urban district in the Walthamstow (S.W.) parliamentary division of Essex, England, 9 m. N.E. from Liverpool Street station, London, by a branch of the Great Eastern railway. Pop. (1901) 13,798. Its proximity to the southern outskirts of Epping Forest has brought it into favour both with residents and with holiday visitors from London. A converted mansion, Woodford Hall, forms a convalescent home. On high ground to the N. is the ecclesiastical parish (one of three) of Woodford Wells, where there is a mineral spring.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)