WATERFORD, a village of Saratoga county, New York, U.S.A., on the W. bank of the Hudson river, near the mouth of the Mohawk river, and about 10 m. N. of Albany. Pop. (1900) 3146, of whom 474 were foreign-born; (1905) 3134; (1910) 3245. Waterford is served by the Delaware & Hudson railway, and is at the junction of the Erie and the Champlain divisions of the great barge canal connecting Lake Erie and Lake Champlain. There was a settlement here probably as early as 1630, and Waterford was laid out in 1784, and was incorporated as a village in 1794.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)