VIERZON, a town of central France, in the department of Cher, 20 m. N.W. of Bourges by rail. The Cher and the Yevre unite at the foot of the hill on which lie Vierzon-Ville (pop. (1906) town, 11,812) and Vierzon-Village (pop. town, 2026; commune, 9710); Vierzon-Bourgneuf (pop. town, 1482) is on the left bank of the Cher. The town has a port on the canal of Berry and is an important junction on the Orleans railway; there are several large manufactories for the production of agricultural machines, also foundries, porcelain, brick and tile works and glass works. A technical school of mechanics and a branch of the Bank of France are among the institutions of the town.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)