TAYLOR, a town in Williamson county, Texas, U.S.A., about 35 m. N.E. of Austin. Pop. (1890) 2584; (1900) 4211 (1260 negroes); (1910)5314. It is served by the International & Great Northern and the Missouri, Kansas & Texas railways. It is in a region especially devoted to the growing of cotton and grain and to poultry raising, and an annual county fair is held here. In the city are machine and car shops of the International & Great Northern railway, and cottoncompresses, and there are manufactures of cotton-seed oil, etc. Taylor, named in honour of Gen. Zachary Taylor, was founded in 1876, and was incorporated in 1882.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)