ST TROND, a town of Belgium in the province of Limburg about 18 m. N.W. of Liege. Pop. (1904) 15,116. It occupies an important strategical position with regard to the N.E. frontier of Belgium, and General Brialmont recommended its fortification. In the middle ages it was a fortified town belonging to the bishops of Liege, and Charles the Bold captured it in 1467. In 1566 the Assembly of Compromise met at St Trond.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)