SERGINSK, UPPER and LOWER, two towns of East Russia, in the government of Perm, 53 and 44 m. W.S.W. of Ekaterinburg respectively. They are noted for their iron-works. Upper Serginsk, which had a population of 8000 in 1897, yields annually over 8000 tons of pig-iron and 12,000 tons of steel. Lower Serginsk, with 14,000 inhabitants, yields about 7250 tons of pigiron and 14,500 tons of steel. The latter town is well built and has a monument to Alexander II. Mineral waters (sulphurous) are found close by.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)