ROWLEY REGIS, an urban district in the Kingswinford parliamentary division of Staffordshire, England, on the Stourbridge branch of the Great Western railway, 7 m. W. of Birmingham, Pop. (1901) 34,670. It lies in a hilly district rich in coal and iron, while a hard basaltic intrusion known as Rowley rag is largely quarried. The town is a modern growth out of a village surrounding the church of St Giles, which dates from the 13th century, though rebuilt in 1840. Iron manufactures are extensive; there are also brick and tile works and breweries.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)