PUSA, a village of India, in Darbhanga district, Bengal, near the right bank of the Burhi Gandak River; pop. (1901), 4570. It was acquired as a government estate in 1796, and was long used as a stud dep6t and afterwards as a tobacco farm. In 1904 it was selected as the site of a college and laboratory for agricultural research.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)