PLOCK, RUSSIA, or PLOTSK, a town of Russia, capital of the government of the same name, on the right bank of the Vistula, 67 m. by the Vistula W.N.W. of Warsaw. Pop. 27,073. It has a cathedral, dating from the 12th century, but restored in 1903, which contains tombs of Polish dukes and of Kings Ladislaus and Boleslav (of the nth and 12th centuries). There is considerable navigation on the Vistula, grain, flour, wool and beetroot being exported, while coal, petroleum, salt and fish are imported.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)