PITLOCHRY, a village of Perthshire, Scotland, 28^ m. N.W. of Perth by the Highland railway. Pop. (1901), 1541. It lies on the left bank of the Tummel, a little below the confluence of that river and the Garry, 350 ft. above the sea. It is a favourite health resort and tourist centre. Among the immediate attractions are the pass of Killiecrankie, the falls of Tummel, the exquisite prospect called " Queen's View " (named after Queen Victoria) and Loch Tummel, 8 m. to the west. One m. S.E. of the village is the Black Spout, a waterfall of 80 ft. formed by the Edradour.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)