About Maximapedia

Petropavlovsk, Kamchatka

PETROPAVLOVSK, KAMCHATKA is the name of a Russian seaport in Kamchatka, on the eastern shore of the Bay of Avacha, in 53 N. and 158 44' E. Its harbour, one of the best on the Pacific, is little used, and the town consists merely of a few huts with some 400 inhabitants. Its naval institutions were transferred to Nikolayevsk after the attack of the Anglo French fleet in 1854.

Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)

Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | GDPR