PELTUINUM [mod. Civita Ansidonia], a town of the Vestini, on the Via Claudia Nova, 12 m. E.S.E. of Aquila. It was apparently the chief town of that portion of the Vestini who dwelt west of the main Apennine chain. Remains of the town walls, of an amphitheatre, and of other buildings still exist.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)