PARDUBITZ (Czech, Parduhic), a town of Bohemia, Austria, 65 m. E. of Prague by rail. Pop. (1900), 17,029, mostly Czech. The most interesting buildings are the old fortified chateau of the 16th century, with its Gothic chapel restored in 1880; the church of St Bartholomew, dating in its present form from 1538; the new town hall (1894); the Griines Tor, also built in 1538; and the handsome new synagogue. Pardubitz has a tolerably active trade in grain and timber, and the horse-fairs attract numerous customers.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)