PANDHARPUR, a town of India, in Sholapur district of Bombay, on the right bank of the river Bhima, 38 m. W. of Sholapur town. Pop. (1901), 32,405. Pandharpur is the most popular place of pilgrimage in the Deccan, its celebrated temple being dedicated to Vithoba, a form of Vishnu. Three assemblages are held annually. In 1906 a light railway was opened to Pandharpur from Barsi Road on the Great Indian Peninsula railway.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)