NIKOLAYEVSK, SIBERIA, a town of East Siberia, in the Maritime province, on the left bank of the Amur, 20 m. above its outflow into the Gulf of Amur, in 53 8' N. Pop. (1897) 8200. It is defended by a fort and batteries. Founded in 1851, Nikolayevsk was formerly the capital of the Maritime province.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)