MILLBURY, a township of Worcester county, Massachusetts, on the Blackstone river, 5 m. S.S.E. of Worcester. Pop. (1890), 4428; (1900) 4460 (1176 foreign-born); (1905, state census) 4631; (1910) 4740. Area, 15-79 sq. m - Millbury is served by the New York, New Haven & Hartford, and the Boston & Albany railways, and by electric interurban railways. It lies for the most part in the valley of the Blackstone river, from which water-power is derived for its mills; among its manufactures are cotton, linen, felt and woollen goods, hemp thread, and foundry and machine-shop products. The municipality owns and operates the waterworks and electric-lighting plant. Millbury was formed in 1813 from the North Parish of Sutton; in 1851 a part of Auburn was annexed to the township.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)