MAH, a French settlement in the Malabar district of Madras, India, situated in 11 43' N. and 75 33' E., at the mouth of a river of the same name. Area, 26 sq. m.; pop. (1901), 10,298. It is the only French possession on the west coast of India, and is in charge of a chef de service, subordinate to the governorgeneral at Pondicherry. It is now a decaying place.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)