LEOBSCHUTZ (Bohemian Lubczyce), a town of Germany, in he Prussian province of Silesia, on the Zinna, about 20 m. o the N.W. of Ratibor by rail. Pop. (1905) 12,700. It has large trade in wool, flax and grain, its markets for these ommodities being very numerously attended. The principal ndustries are malting, carriage-building, wool-spinning and lass-making. The town contains three Roman Catholic churches, a Protestant church, a synagogue, a new town-hall and a gymnasium. Leobschiitz existed in the 10th century, and from 1524 to 1623 was the capital of the principality of Jagerndorf.
See F. Troska, Geschichte der Stadt Leobschiitz (Leobschiitz, 1892).
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)