HUBERTUSBURG, a chateau in the kingdom of Saxony, near the village of Wermsdorf and midway 6 m. between the towns Oschatz and Grimma. It was built in 1721-1724 by Frederick Augustus II., elector of Saxony, subsequently King Augustus III. of Poland, as a hunting box, and was often the scene of brilliant festivities. It is famous for the peace signed here on the 15th of February 1763, which ended the Seven Years' War. After undergoing various vicissitudes, it now serves the purpose of a lunatic asylum and a training school for nursing sisters.
See Riemer, Das Schloss Hubertusburg, sonst und jetzt (Oschatz, 1881).
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)