HAWORTH, an urban district in the Keighley parliamentary division of the West Riding of Yorkshire, England, 10 m. N.W. of Bradford, on a branch of the Midland railway. Pop. (1901), 7492. It is picturesquely situated on a steep slope, lying high, and surrounded by moorland. The Rev. Patrick Bronte (d.1861) was incumbent here for forty-one years, and a memorial near the west window of St Michael's church bears his name and the names of his gifted daughters upon it. The grave of Charlotte and Emily Bronte is also marked by a brass. In 1895 a museum was opened by the Bronte society. There is a large worsted industry.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)