GOLLNOW, a town of Germany, in the Prussian province of Pomerania, on the right bank of the Ihna, 14 m. N.N.E. of Stettin, with which it has communication by rail and steamer. Pop. (1905) 8539. It possesses two Evangelical churches, a synagogue and some small manufactures. Gollnow was founded in 1190, and was raised to the rank of a town in 1 268. It was for a time a Hanse town, and came into the possession of Prussia in 1720, having belonged to Sweden since 1648.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)