CRUSTUMERIUM, an ancient town of Latium, on the edge of the Sabine territory, near the headwaters of the Allia, not far from the Tiber. It appears several times in the early history of Rome, but was conquered in 500 B.C. according to Livy ii. 19, the Iribus Crustumina [or Clustumina] being formed in 471 B.C. Pliny mentions it among the lost cities of Latium, but the name clung to the district, the fertility of which remained famous. No remains of it exist, and its exact site is uncertain.
See T. Ashby in Papers of the British School at Rome, iii. 50.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)