CHESTERTON, an urban district in the Chesterton parliamentary division of Cambridgeshire, England, 1½ m. N. from Cambridge station, on the north bank of the Cam. Pop. (1901) 9591. The church of St Andrew is Decorated and Perpendicular, retaining ancient woodwork and remains of fresco painting. Along the river are several boat-houses erected by the Cambridge University Boat Club. Boat-building and tile manufacture are local industries.
Note - this article incorporates content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, (1910-1911)